Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are looking for an experienced Agricultural Service Technician to join our established team at our Colchester branch, based in Essex.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, your role will be to repair and maintain all equipment associated with Agricultural machinery sold by the company’s sales departments within its designated area.
- Proven experience within the agricultural industry would be advantageous
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery or transferable skills
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practice and procedures at all times
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full driver’s license
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Colchester, Essex, CO2 8HT
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime above 39hrs per week (Monday – Friday) will be paid at time and a half
Contract: Permanent, Full time, hourly paid
Salary: £Competitive, Depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to John McLoone, Branch and Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.