Founded in 1898, our family-owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are currently looking for an experienced Agricultural Service Technician to join the established team at our North Walsham branch, based in Norfolk.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment associated with Agricultural machinery (but not limited to) that is sold by the company’s sales departments within its designated area.
- Proven experience within the agricultural industry would be advantageous
- Ability to diagnose faults and successfully carry out repairs which may be chargeable, warrantable or internal type jobs
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required
- Complete in full the job cards relating to work undertaken including machine detail, time and mileage and any accompanying documentation such as PDI sheets, Delivery forms and Photo’s as necessary
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practice and procedures at all times
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area within the workshop
- Good general appearance
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to replacement of existing role if successful
Location: North Walsham, Norfolk
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Salary: £Competitive, depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly paid
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme,
Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Jim Pamment; Branch & Sales Manager before the closing date.
Return to the vacancies listing.