Do you have a passion for working with tractors and farming equipment?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for an Agricultural Service Technician to join the existing team at our Marlesford branch, based in Suffolk.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, your role will be to repair and maintain a variety of Agricultural machinery (but not limited to) sold by the company’s sales departments within its designated area. You will be working with brands such as New Holland, Bednar, Lemken and many more.
Working within Ernest Doe will give you direct access to the manufactures for support and training, as well as the benefit of working with our own experienced team members.
- Repair and maintain equipment for customers associated with Agricultural machinery
- Diagnose faults and successfully carry out repairs and servicing work.
- Good knowledge of Agricultural machinery and how it functions (advantageous)
- Proven experience within the agricultural or construction industry (advantageous)
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults using the latest software
- Have the ability to work alone using own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to customer demands, including long hours when required (especially during Harvest period)
- Onsite using a company van and workshop-based jobs giving variation day to day
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent in the use of computers
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Marlesford, Suffolk, IP13 0AG
Hours: 39 hours per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch)
Overtime: Paid at time and a half on completion of 39 hours Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Hourly Paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience, plus company vehicle
Benefits: 32 days annual leave including bank holidays, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace Pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Robin Day, Service Manager.
Return to the vacancies listing.