Founded in 1898, our family-owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are currently looking for an experienced Service Technician to join the established team at our Fyfield Branch, based in Essex.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, your role will be to repair and maintain equipment sold by the Company’s sales departments within its designated area.
- Proven experience within the industry would be advantageous
- Ability to diagnose faults and successfully carry out repairs which may be chargeable or warrantable
- Complete in full the job cards relating to work undertaken including machine detail, time and mileage and any accompanying documentation
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practice and procedures at all times
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Competent in the use of computers
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s license
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to replacement of existing role if successful
Location: Fyfield, Essex
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, full time, hourly paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme,
Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Charlie Webber, Branch and Sales Manager before the closing date.
Return to the vacancies listing.