Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Service Secretary at our Colchester branch, based in Essex for a period of 12 months, subject to maternity leave.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the efficient running of the Service office covering Agriculture, Horticulture and Crane customer base. You will also be assisting in maintaining effective and accurate communications between customers and technicians in relation to the repair and maintenance of relevant machinery.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers and colleagues in a polite and professional manner
- Familiar with raising job cards and invoices as required
- Familiar with warranty and associated documentation
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business
- Act with discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Be organized with the ability to multitask efficiently
- Have a flexible and approachable manner
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
- Be confident and show initiative
- First class keyboard and PC skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office to include Word, Excel and Publisher
- Accuracy with numbers and handling of cash
- Professional and tidy appearance
- Attention to detail
Start Date: May 2019
Location: Colchester, Essex, CO2 8HT
Hours: 40hrs per week – 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Contract: Fixed Term (9-12 months), Full time, Salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to John McLoone, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.