Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Dartford branch for a Service Manager who has a strong background with either Construction or Agricultural machinery who will also manage the Professional and Domestic Groundcare machinery. Successful candidates will be keen and driven to ensure high levels of customer service whilst ensuring technicians are motivated to carrying out first class repairs.
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the Service office, covering agricultural, construction and both professional and domestic horticultural machinery repairs. You will also be responsible for the organisation and management of the existing service staff, customer relations and the departmental profitability, whilst maintaining effective and accurate communications between management, customers and technicians.
- Strong knowledge of either agricultural, construction and/or horticultural equipment would be advantageous
- Previous management experience or supervisory is desirable as this is a busy service department
- Directing, mentoring and overseeing the work of the technicians at the branch
- Familiarity of profit/loss management and reporting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers during busy periods both verbal and written
- Be organized and have the ability to multitask efficiently
- Can deal with staff related matters confidently and in line with company procedures
- Proactive and methodical in approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business
- Act with discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to manage customer expectations without over committing
- Able to work alone and on your own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance as customer facing role
Start Date: Immediate, subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Dartford, Kent, DA4 9HQ
Hours: 42.5hrs per week – 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch). Additional hours required to include alternate Saturdays and peak times e.g. harvest
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience, company vehicle and profit related bonus
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Richard Link; Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact the HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.