Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We have an exciting opportunity for a workshop based Senior Service Technician at our Littleport branch, based in Cambridgeshire.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment associated with machinery sold by the company’s sales departments within its designated area.
- Ability to diagnose faults and successfully carry out repairs which may be chargeable, warrantable or internal type jobs
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required
- Complete in full the job cards relating to work undertaken including machine detail, time and mileage and any accompanying documentation such as PDI sheets, delivery forms and photo’s as necessary
- Attend training courses as required by the company to maintain satisfactory levels of compliance and understanding
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practice and procedures at all times
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area within the workshop
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the company’s Health and Safety policy
- Good general appearance
- Able to work alone and use your own initiative
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Littleport, Cambridgeshire, CB6 1SE
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Salary: £Competitive, depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly paid
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to James Brown, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact the HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.