Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are currently looking for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to support the finance team at our Head Office, based in Ulting, Maldon Essex. This is a fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave.
Reporting directly to the Purchase Ledger Manager you will be responsible for the purchase ledger cycle for assigned key accounts in an efficient, accurate and effective manner. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with high volumes of invoices (between 2,000 to 3,000 per month) including reconciliations.
- A proven experience of working within a high-volume purchase ledger environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers and colleagues in a polite and professional manner
- An understanding of the purchase ledger cycle
- Manual payments
- Ability to communicate at different levels of the company
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and company guidelines
- Be organized with the ability to multitask efficiently
- Have a flexible and approachable manner
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
- Be confident and show initiative
- Intermediate skill of Microsoft office to include Word, Excel
- Professional and tidy appearance
- Attention to detail
Start Date: March 2019, subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Head Office, Ulting, Maldon CM9 6QH
Hours: 40hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Contract: Fixed term (12 months maternity cover), Full time, Salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Helen Birtles, Purchase Ledger Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.