Founded in 1898, our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are currently looking for a Professional Groundcare Technician to join our existing team at our Fulbourn branch, based in Cambridge.
Reporting to the Service Manager, your responsibility will be to repair and maintain all equipment associated with Professional Groundcare machinery sold by the company’s sales department.
- Sound knowledge of Utility and/or Garden machinery or small Agricultural machinery
- Knowledge of both Domestic and Professional Grass Machinery
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults
- Excellent customer service skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area within the workshop
- Clean and tidy general appearance
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5EX
Hours: 39hrs per week basic – 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly Paid
Salary: £Competitive, dependent upon experience plus company vehicle
Benefits: 24 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace Pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Adam Inward; Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.