Parts Van Salesperson
We are currently recruiting for a target driven and enthusiastic Parts Van Salesperson to join our team at our Dartford branch, based in Kent.
Reporting to the Parts & Showroom Manager, you will be selling a product range which runs from agricultural, construction and ground care machinery parts through to general hardware goods. Your role involves selling to the already established customer base covered by the Dartford branch, though there is an element of ‘new business development and prospecting’ in order to promote Ernest Doe and encourage new customers and sales. You will be using a company vehicle to deliver to various locations alongside taking orders from customers, promoting special offers, and general parts deliveries.
- Driven by sales targets and the need to succeed
- Excellent communication skills face to face and over the phone
- Be organized and have the ability to multitask efficiently as required
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business both internally and externally (with manufacturers, suppliers and customers)
- Accuracy with numbers and handling of cash and card payments
- A technical knowledge of machines and their uses would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to manage customer expectations and deal diplomatically with customers during busy periods
- Providing quotations and estimates to customers who require a large order of goods, or who are requiring information for an insurance claim to replace stolen goods
- Attention to detail
- Full, clean driving licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Dartford, Kent, DA4 9HQ
Hours: 42.5hrs per week basic – 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Saturdays required as part of a rota to be agreed
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience plus commission and company vehicle
Benefits: 24 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace Pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Matt Hobbs, Parts and Showroom Manager.
Return to the vacancies listing.