Founded in 1898, our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are currently recruiting for a target driven and enthusiastic Parts Van Salesperson to join our team at our Fyfield branch, based in Essex.
Reporting to the Parts & Showroom Manager, you will be selling a product range which runs from agricultural and ground care machinery parts through to general hardware goods. Your role involves selling to the already established customer base covered by the Fyfield branch, though there is an element of ‘new business development and prospecting’ in order to promote Ernest Doe Power and encourage new customers and sales. You will be using a company vehicle to collect parts from Fyfield, and deliver to various locations alongside taking orders from customers, promoting special offers, and general parts deliveries.
- Driven by sales targets and the want to succeed in wining business
- Excellent communication skills face to face and over the phone
- Be organized and have the ability to multitask efficiently as required
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business both internally and externally (with manufacturers, suppliers and customers)
- Accuracy with numbers and handling of cash and card payments
- A technical knowledge of machines and their uses would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to manage customer expectations and deal diplomatically with customers during busy periods
- Providing quotations and estimates to customers who require a large order of goods.
- Attention to detail
- Full driving licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Fyfield, Essex, CM5 0NS
Hours: 42.5hrs per week basic – 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Salary: £Competitive, plus vehicle and commission
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Charlie Webber, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed Job description, please contact the HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.