Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are looking for a Parts & Showroom Salesperson to assist with our retail sales at our Sudbury branch, based in Suffolk.
Reporting to the Parts Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day retail sales within the showroom which will include Parts, Hardware, Clothing and Groundcare machinery sales. You role will be to ensure delivery of excellent customer service at all times by dealing with all queries relating to the products and services supplied by the Company either face to face or over the telephone.
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills: face to face, letter, email and fax
- Familiarity of working in a retail environment and showroom experience (desirable)
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Sales experience and/or knowledge or groundcare and agricultural machinery (desirable)
- Full driving licence
- Smart & presentable appearance
- Motivated by sales and targets
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments
- A team player-capable of working alone or with other team staff
- Able to use own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 2XB
Hours: 39hrs per week basic – 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday. Saturdays as per rota (8am to 4pm Spring/Summer, 9am to 1pm Autumn/Winter)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Hourly Paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Simon Cowley, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.