We are looking for an experienced Parts & Showroom Salesperson to assist with our retail sales and join our established team at our Esher branch, based in Surrey.
Reporting to the Parts & Showroom Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day retail sales within the showroom which will include Parts, Hardware, Clothing. You will also be required to carry out the functions of receiving good in and out of stock. Your role will be to ensure delivery of excellent customer service at all times by dealing with all queries relating to the products and services supplied by the Company either face to face or over the telephone.
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills: face to face and email
- Familiarity of working in a retail environment and showroom experience (desirable)
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Sales experience and/or knowledge or ground care machinery (desirable)
- Smart & presentable appearance
- Motivated by sales and targets
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments
- A team player-capable of working alone or with other team staff
- Able to use own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Esher, Surrey, KT10 9AD
Hours: 39hrs per week basic – 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 7.30am to 3.30pm Friday with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
Saturdays are required (8.30am to 12.30pm)
Overtime is paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Hourly Paid
Salary: £Competitive, dependent on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to David Watson, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.