Founded in 1898, our family-owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are currently looking for a Parts and Showroom Salesperson to join our established team at our Fyfield branch, based in Ongar, Essex.
Reporting to the Parts & Showroom Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the team where needed and assisting with the day-to-day retail sales within the showroom which will include Parts, Hardware, Clothing and Groundcare machinery sales. Your role will be to ensure delivery of excellent customer service at all times.
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills: face to face, letter, email and fax
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Smart & presentable appearance
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments
- A team player-capable of working alone or with other team staff
- Able to use own initiative
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Fyfield, Ongar, Essex, CM5 0NS
Hours: 39 hours per week basic – 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1 hour unpaid break) Saturdays will be required as part of a rota
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Hourly Paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 32 days annual leave including bank holidays, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace Pension, Employee Referral Bonus Scheme, Winter Flu Jab Service, Car Tyre Discount, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to David Smith, Parts and Showroom Manager.
Return to the vacancies listing.