Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are now looking for an experienced Horticultural Service Technician to join the established team at our Albourne branch based in West Sussex.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment associated with Horticultural machinery sold by the company’s sales departments to strengthen and grow our already successful Groundcare business.
- Good, sound knowledge of ground care equipment or similar
- Proven experience within the Horticultural industry
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Be self-motivated
- Full clean driving licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Albourne, West Sussex, BN6 9DN
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime on completion 39hrs per week will be paid at time and a half
Sundays and bank holidays will be paid at double time
Salary: £Competitive, depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Phil Bush; Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.