Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £130m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are currently looking for an experienced Horticultural Service Technician to join our existing team at our Dartford branch, based in Kent.
Reporting to the Service Manager, your responsibility will be to repair and maintain all equipment associated with Domestic Groundcare machinery sold by the company’s sales department.
- Sound knowledge of Garden machinery and/or Utility machines or small Agricultural machinery
- Knowledge of both Domestic and Professional Grass Machinery
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic faults is desirable but not essential
- Excellent customer service skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area within the workshop
- Clean and tidy general appearance
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Dartford, Kent, DA4 9HQ
Hours: 39hrs per week basic – 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly Paid
Salary: £Competitive, dependent upon experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Richard Link; Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.