Founded in 1898, Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest Agricultural, Construction and Ground Care machinery dealership, turning over £125m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
Our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators, as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Groundcare Service Technician to join the existing team here at our Head Office, based in Maldon, Essex.
Reporting directly to the General Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment associated with machinery sold by the company’s Groundcare sales departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembly of New professional and domestic grass machinery including the collection and delivery of equipment to customer’s premises.
- Service and repairs to our extensive Groundcare Hire Fleet.
- Diagnose faults and successfully carry out repairs.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required
- Complete in full the job cards relating to work undertaken including machine detail, time and mileage and any accompanying documentation such as PDI sheets, Delivery forms and Photo’s as necessary
- Attend training courses as required by the company to maintain satisfactory levels of compliance and understanding
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area within the workshop
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the company’s Health and Safety policy and follow all company procedures as outlined in the company employee handbook
- Minimum two years’ experience of mechanical training or work experience
- Proven experience within the agricultural or horticultural industry would be advantageous
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults or have understanding of
- Able to work alone and on your own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Head Office, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6QH
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch) Overtime above 39hrs per week will be paid at time and a half
Salary: Depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Andy Turbin, General Sales Manager.
Return to the vacancies listing.