Founded in 1898, our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Garden Machinery salesperson to join our existing team at our Fyfield country store, near Ongar, Essex.
Reporting to the Branch & Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the garden machinery sales at the branch. Your role will be to maximize sales opportunities and deliver first class customer care and provide general support in the showroom and parts department during quieter periods.
- Experience working in a retail environment, comfortable in customer facing role
- Motivated by sales and targets with ability to upsell
- Excellent customer service skills – able to identify and match products to suit the customer’s requirements
- Adaptable and able to cope under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills: both written and face to face
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skill
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments
- Team player – capable of working alone or with other team staff
- Able to use own initiative
- Smart and presentable appearance
- Good general level of health and fitness
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Fyfield, Essex, CM5 0NS
Hours: Average of 45.75hrs per week:
6 days per week: 1 March to 31 August, 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday plus Saturdays (1hr unpaid lunch break)
5 days per week: 1 September to 28 February, 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday plus Saturdays with a day off (1hr unpaid lunch break)
Contract: Permanent, full time, salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays), company sick pay scheme, workplace pension, staff discount in country stores and death in service cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Charlie Webber; Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.