Founded in 1898, our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are currently recruiting for a Group General Service Manager who is keen and driven to manage the company’s Service Department at Head Office, based in Maldon, Essex.
Reporting to Angus Doe, our future Managing Director, you will be responsible for the overall profitability, management and efficient operations of the company’s Service Department. It is a large department, encompassing 230 staff in total across the business, and duties also include responsibility for the Warranty and Transport departments. The Group General Service Manager will be part of the Senior Management of the company and attend monthly management meetings. The successful applicant will be expected to uphold and further the company’s strong reputation for reliable, honest and effective service.
- Proven management experience.
- An ability to identify and deliver on objectives that drive the department forward.
- Technical knowledge of Agricultural, Construction and Horticultural equipment.
- An ability to work under pressure and multi task in a large scale, complex multi-franchise environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the business, maintaining and upholding company standards.
- Excellent customer relationship skills, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Proven interviewing skills and a commitment to keeping the department fully staffed.
- To be comfortable analyzing numbers and identifying trends from data using pivot tables and other mechanisms.
- Strong and up-to-date IT skills.
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- To be able to mediate and compromise within a team, working closely with other departments within the business to further the overall of the company.
- To be self-motivated and able to work under own initiative.
- Strong leadership skills and to be able to act quickly and decisively.
- To be accountable for your own decisions.
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Ulting, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6QH
Hours: 42.5hrs per week – 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch). Additional hours including weekends, especially during peak periods, eg Harvest
Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience, plus company car, profit related bonus, healthcare and enhanced company pension
Contract: Permanent, Full-time, Salaried
Benefits: 24 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace Pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Angus Doe, Service Director.
Return to the vacancies listing.