Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East. We are a family managed business and we place great importance on ensuring our employees and customers are treated alike in the manner that we wish to be treated.
We have an exciting opportunity for a workshop based Experienced Service Technician at our Littleport branch, based in Cambridgeshire.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be required to perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance work on a variety of agricultural products sold by the company’s sales departments within its designated area. You will be required to work within the workshop or either in the field as required.
- Experience performing and servicing repairs of tractors and associated products in the Agricultural Machinery Industry
- Ability to diagnose faults and successfully carry out repairs which may be chargeable, warrantable or internal type jobs
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required
- Complete in full the job cards relating to work undertaken including machine detail, time and mileage and any accompanying documentation such as PDI sheets, delivery forms and photo’s as necessary
- Attend training courses as required by the company to maintain satisfactory levels of compliance and understanding
- High standard of work ethic and attention to detail
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practice and procedures at all times
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area within the workshop
- Full driver’s licence is essential
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Littleport, Cambridgeshire, CB6 1SE
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Salary: £Competitive hourly pay plus overtime, depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly paid
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Enhanced company pension and life assurance scheme, Childcare vouchers, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to James Brown, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact the HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.