Crane Service and Operations Manager
Founded in 1898, our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 18 country stores.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a new Crane Service and Operations Manager to continue to mould and expand the crane business at our Colchester branch, based in Essex.
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the Crane Service and operations office, covering crane servicing and crane builds. You will organise and run a workshop for the full fitting of cranes involving calculations and fabrication. Supporting sales in a technical capacity will also be included. You will manage customer relations and the departmental profitability, whilst maintaining effective and accurate communications between management, customers and technicians.
- Knowledge of General engineering/steel fabrication, HGV Body building and hydraulics would be advantageous
- Crane and HGV knowledge would be advantageous
- Previous management experience or supervisory is desirable in a workshop environment
- Familiarity of profit/loss management and reporting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers during busy periods both verbal and written
- Can remain calm under pressure
- Be organized and have the ability to multitask efficiently
- Can deal with staff related matters confidently and in line with company procedures
- Proactive and methodical in approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business
- Act with discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to manage customer expectations without over committing
- Able to work alone and on your own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance as customer facing role
Start Date: Immediate, subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Colchester, Essex, CO2 8HT
Hours: 42.5hrs per week, 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch) Additional hours required to meet business needs
Term: Permanent, full time, salaried
Salary: Depending on skills and experience, plus company vehicle, plus profit related bonus
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV or application form with a covering letter to John McLoone, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.