Founded in 1898, our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Construction/Agricultural Service Technician to join the existing team at our Benington branch, based in Hertfordshire.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment associated with Construction machinery sold by the company’s sales departments based in Herts & London areas.
- Ability to repair and maintain equipment for customers associated with Construction or Agricultural machinery equipment
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults using latest software and successfully carry out repairs which may be chargeable, warrantable or internal type jobs.
- Lifting of heavy machinery, applying common sense to items that require the assistance of special tools
- Proven experience within the Construction or Agricultural industry
- Able to work alone and on your own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Benington, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG2 7BZ
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime above 39hrs per week will be paid at time and a half
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending upon experience plus vehicle
Benefits: 24 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace Pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Jason Callaby, Service Manager
Return to the vacancies listing.