We have an exciting opportunity for a Construction Service Technician to join the existing team here at our Benington Branch, based in Hertfordshire
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment associated with Construction machinery sold by the company’s sales departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain equipment for customers associated with Construction equipment
- Diagnose faults and successfully carry out repairs which may be chargeable, warrantable or internal type jobs.
- Lifting of heavy machinery, applying common sense to items that require the assistance of special tools
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required.
- Complete in full the job cards relating to work undertaken including machine detail, time and mileage and any accompanying documentation such as PDI sheets, Delivery forms and Photo’s as necessary.
- Attend training courses as required by the company to maintain satisfactory levels of compliance and understanding
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area within the workshop
- Maintain a clean, tidy company vehicle if provided to carry out your role
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the company’s Health and Safety policy and follow all company procedures as outlined in the company employee handbook.
- Proven experience within the Construction industry
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults
- Able to work alone and on your own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to replacement of existing role if successful
Location: Benington, Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch) Overtime above 39hrs per week will be paid at time and a half
Salary: £Competitive, depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly paid
Closing Date: Friday 1 March 2019
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Jason Callaby; Service Manager before the closing date.
Return to the vacancies listing.