Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £130m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Service Technician to join our established team at our Dartford branch, based in Kent.
Ideally this would suit someone who is familiar with our range of products and has previous working experience of diagnostic repairs.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment associated with Construction machinery sold by the company’s sales department.
- Sound knowledge and experience of Construction machinery
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults using supported software
- Has the ability to work alone and as part of a team where needed
- Able to work under pressure and to customer demands, including long hours and weekend cover (rota based)
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent in the use of computers, including manufacturer web portals
- Can maintain a good general level of health and fitness as this is a physical role
- Good general appearance as you will be working on customer sites and representing the business at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Dartford, Kent, DA4 9HQ
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday. Sundays or Bank Holidays will be paid at double time
Salary: £Competitive, dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, Hourly paid
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Richard Link, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.