Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are currently looking for a temporary replacement as Branch Secretary to assist the team and provide an efficient service at our Colchester branch, based in Essex. This position will start from April 2019 for a period of 12 months.
Reporting directly to the Branch & Sales Manager, you will be responsible for providing a first class administrative service within the branch in addition to maintaining effective and accurate communications between customers and members of staff. You will be working as a Personal Assistant to the Branch Manager but you must be prepared to assist other departments in the branch as required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers and colleagues in a polite and professional manner
- Attend County Shows and assist with hospitality (includes achieving a certificate in health & hygiene)
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business
- Act with discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- First class keyboard and PC skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office to include Word, Excel and Publisher
- Accuracy with numbers and handling of cash
- Excellent telephone manner
- Be organized with the ability to multitask efficiently
- Have a flexible and approachable manner
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
- Be confident and show initiative
- Professional and tidy appearance
- Attention to detail
Start Date: April 2019
Location: Colchester, Essex, CO2 8HT
Hours: 40hrs per week – 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch)
Contract: Fixed Term (12 months), Full time, Salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to John McLoone, Branch & Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.