Founded in 1898, our family-owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are currently looking for an experienced Agricultural Service Technician to join the established team at our Ringmer Branch, based in East Sussex.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the role will be to repair and maintain all equipment associated with agricultural machinery sold by the Company’s sales departments within its designated area.
- Proven experience within the agricultural industry is essential
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery and industry related equipment
- Ability to diagnose transmission, hydraulic and electrical faults
- Ability to work alone using own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practice and procedures at all times
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Ringmer, East Sussex
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Hourly paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 32 days annual leave including bank holidays, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace Pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores, Flu Jabs, Employee Referral Scheme and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary),
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to David Bush, Branch & Sales Manager prior to the closing date.
Return to the vacancies listing.