Founded in 1898, Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest Agricultural, Construction and Ground Care machinery dealership, turning over £125m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East. Our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators, as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are currently looking for an experienced Agricultural/Horticultural Service Technician to join the established team at our Fyfield branch, based in Essex.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, your role will be to repair and maintain all equipment associated with Agricultural/Horticultural machinery sold by the company’s sales departments within its designated area.
- Proven experience within the agricultural/horticultural industry would be advantageous
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery or transferable skills
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practice and procedures at all times
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Competent in the use of computers
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s licence
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Fyfield, Essex, CM5 0NS
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, full time, hourly paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Charlie Webber, Branch and Sales Manager.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.