Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £130m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Service Technician to join the existing team at our Dartford branch, based in Kent.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, your role will be to repair and maintain all equipment associated with Construction and/or Agricultural machinery sold by the company’s sales departments within its designated area.
- Good knowledge of Construction or Agricultural machinery
- Proven experience within the construction or agricultural industry would be advantageous
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults using the latest software
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to customer demands, including long hours when required
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practice and procedures at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent in the use of computers
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s license
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Dartford, Kent DA4 9HQ
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime above 39hrs per week will be paid at time and a half
Contract: Permanent, Full time, hourly paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience, plus company vehicle
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Ken Smyth, General Service Manager.
Return to the vacancies listing.