Founded in 1898, our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are recruiting now for the position of Personal Assistant to Angus Doe, initially supporting him in his current role as Service Director but, in due course, as PA to Angus Doe – Managing Director at our Head Office, based in Maldon, Essex.
Initially reporting directly to the Service Director, the role will be to personally assist in the support of day to day administration of the Service and Warranty department across 19 sites. You will be responsible for maintaining effective and accurate communications between key customers, key suppliers and all colleagues. In addition, your role will be to offer assistance to Warranty and other departments as required including occasional cover for the PA to Colin Doe during periods of annual leave.
When Angus becomes Managing Director, the role will move to a mainly one-to-one position, providing all aspects of PA work to the MD’s office. The successful candidate will act as an initial point of contact for Angus, liaising with all department heads and Branch Managers, managing diary and inbox, admin, drafting correspondence and documents, preparing for and taking minutes at General Managers’ Meetings, Branch Managers’ Meetings etc. The successful candidate will be able to develop the role to take on responsibilities and duties in line with their own skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers and managers in a polite and professional manner, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of business
- Excellent, proven minute-taking (shorthand and/or fast touch typing would be desirable)
- Good telephone manner
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint; good understanding of social media
- Organised with the ability to multitask efficiently
- Have a flexible and approachable manner
- Ability to build strong relationships both externally and internally at all levels
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
- Act with discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Be confident and show initiative
- Attention to detail
- Professional and tidy appearance
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Head Office – Maldon, Essex, CM9 6QH
Hours: 40hrs per week – 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Contract: Permanent, full time, salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Maria Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to the vacancies listing.