Ernest Doe is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
We are currently looking for an ambitious, keen and driven Assistant Management Accountant to join the existing team at Head Office, based in Maldon, Essex.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation/review of monthly management accounts and year end statutory financial statements for Ernest Doe & Sons Limited (“EDS”) and other group companies.
Main Responsibilities/Skills Required:
- Assist in the monthly preparation of management account reports
- Responsibility for the monthly commercial performance review of allocated branches / departments
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analysis, including WIP, accruals & prepayments
- Preparation of analysis for year end statutory financial statements ready for review by the company’s auditors
- Preparation of supporting analysis required for corporation tax returns
- Undertake ad-hoc duties to meet the requirements of the department
- Part qualified / qualified AAT/ACCA/ACA/CIMA or willing to study towards AAT
- Recent experience within an accounts function
- Working knowledge of VAT and Taxation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers and colleagues across all levels of the business in a timely, polite and professional manner
- Have a flexible and approachable manner
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
- Be organised to manage own and others workload
- Professional and tidy appearance
- Attention to detail
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Finance Department – Head Office, Ulting, CM9 6QH
Hours: 40hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Contract: Permanent, Full time, Salaried
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience, Study Package will be provided
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Damon Jackson, Financial Controller.
For a more detailed job description, please contact our HR Department.
Return to the vacancies listing.