Founded in 1898, our family owned firm supplies a wide range of machinery; from garden mowers and chainsaws to combine harvesters and construction excavators as well as selling a huge selection of clothing, footwear, garden sundries and DIY products across 19 country stores.
We are looking for an enthusiastic admin assistant who can support the marketing team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department. You will be responsible for administering all online web shop orders, liaising with our stores to ensure orders are processed and despatched and will be the first line support for our internet customer enquiries, both via email and telephone. Responsibilities will also include liaison with external agencies and maintaining all stationery supplies for the company. Excellent communication and prioritising skills are essential to the role as is the ability to work in a calm and approachable manner.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be organised and methodical in their approach to work with a good eye for detail. The ability to multi-task and prioritise their workload, whilst remaining calm under pressure, is key and they should possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Assist the marketing manager to ensure the smooth running and effectiveness of the department
- All stationery purchasing for the company and maintaining sufficient stock levels
- First line support for all web shop activity – processing orders and dealing with customer enquiries
- Liaise with external agencies and suppliers – predominantly printers and stationers
- Co-ordinate production of advertising materials such as banners, posters, signage for the stores
- Liaising with the business to deliver projects and help resolve issues
- Planning and research projects to support the growth of the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to effectively communicate with people at all levels
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Competent user of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail when proof reading copy
- Smart and presentable appearance
- Strong team player with good organisational skills
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to notice period
Location: Ulting, Maldon, Essex CM9 6QH
Hours: 40hrs per week, 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (1 hour for lunch).
Contract: Permanent, full time (subject to probationary period)
Benefits: 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), company sick pay scheme, workplace pension, staff discount in country stores and death in service cover (2 x salary)
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to Hayley Hill, Marketing Manager.
Return to the vacancies listing.